Heralding the biggest changelog since initial release, version 14 of the Virtue mod is now available, introducing both bugfixes and new features.
Key aspects of this release include NPCs responding to virtue while in the party, and reputation while outside of it, and the addition of a Polish translation. Fans of the Virtue mod are encouraged to update to this release as soon as possible.
Head over to http://www.pocketplane.net/virtue/ for more information.
The full changelog is as follows:
- Freeing Djinni in Ust Natha is good.
- Virtue penalty for killing dryads.
- Killing the slaves in the Illithid city causes a Virtue drop.
- Sponsoring a dogfight in the Copper Coronet causes a Virtue drop.
- No more penalty for not freeing Minsc/Jaheira if you already get it for killing them.
- Penalty for killing Rayic comes at a more sensible time.
- Penalty for sending Odren to his death only if you intentionally do so.
- Virtue change display no longer misleadingly suggests that Virtue is going above 20 or below 1.
- Resolved issue whereby no responses would be available for NPC parting dialogs.
- Valygar now drops his body as before.
- Good and evil NPCs can still leave the party if they are unhappy, regardless of charisma.
- NPCs respond to Virtue when in the party and Reputation when not; this is tracked using a unique happiness variable for every NPC.
- Rangers fall when they are no longer good.
- Cleric/Rangers no longer fall at all. This simply cannot be made to work, and didn't in vanilla BG2 either. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.
- Added Polish translation (Damian Staniszewski).